One of our core activities at The JGA Group is working with young people and supporting them into employment through the Government Apprenticeship Scheme.
Our Apprenticeship team match young people and employers for business administration, marketing and customer service apprenticeships. We are keen to help if you are a
- potential apprentice (16+)
- employer considering taking on an apprentice
- parent or school wanting to know more about apprenticeships.
WHAT ARE APPRENTICESHIPS?
Apprenticeships are a Government funded scheme designed to fill a vocational skills gap for (especially young) people in the labour market.
Why would an organisation take on an apprentice?
- Over 80% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplaces more productive
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
- 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeship lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships program to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- one in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
Apprentices are normal employees but the employer commits to providing on the job training and letting the apprentice attend educational workshops after an initial burst, JGA’s workshops are half a day each month.
In return the employer is allowed to flex the apprentice’s pay structure and the government makes a contribution towards costs. More importantly the employer gains fresh thinking and potential social media skills around the office, plus the satisfaction of knowing they are contributing to a young person’s future.
An apprenticeship is a commitment for between one and a half and two years for both apprentice and employer, so we take great care to match the right apprentice with the right job.
If you would like any more information on any aspect of the Apprenticeship schemes in the local area please contact Beata Malek who can be reached on 020 8426 2666 or by email at email@example.com.