To teach our players to develop their ability to play the game:
- with a positive attitude
with a lack of fear
in accordance with The FA’s Respect policy
Playing the game
Whilst in possession and trying to score goals
- To move the ball quickly or drive with the ball in a forward direction if the opportunity presents itself.
- To use all areas of the pitch to maintain possession and use the goalkeeper as an outlet if required.
Whilst out of possession and trying to prevent goals
- To work together as a team to close down the opposing player on the ball.
- To keep a high line (9/11-a-side only).
Whilst in transition
- For a defensive transition – to move into the team’s chosen formation and to get goal-side.
- For an attacking transition – attacking players are to lose their marker and find space in an attacking area and defensive players to find space to offer options.